Sunday, June 24, 2012

Packaging Orders: The Handmade Paper Box

What a busy week! I have been a busy bee creating my new designs for the shop- and I have already sold some! I thought today I would show you another very important aspect of selling on Etsy: packaging the product.  I make handmade paper boxes for my jewelry; it doesn't take too long to create and I find my customers really appreciate the additional handmade gesture. To learn how to make these boxes, check out this YouTube video from Etsy HERE
Pieces ready to ship.  The paper in the background is what I will be using to make my boxes. It is standard size (8.5" x 11")

After a while of measuring, I have made my own insert for the boxes. This will hold my jewelry in place.

After making my folds and cutting in all the right places, I use my signature nuthatch stamp for the lid. I bought this stamp from pictureshow, a great Etsy shop that specializes in rubber stamps.

Here you can see how the insert fits inside the box. To keep the chain from sliding around in the box I gently tape the chain on the underside of the insert. I also stick a piece of bubble wrap on top of the charm- this keeps the charm from moving within the box.

Voila! The finished product! I often use twine to tie around the box, but it also looks good without!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com